Monday, February 6, 2012

Of Bridges & Burning


There is a quote which I first read ages back...but has always kind of struck as serious and mysterious to me..

"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn"
~ David Russell

Yup, being a Gemini, it always was supposed to be tough for me to take decisions (I know I'm making an excuse by hiding behind sun-signs...but then seriously, never have been good with choices, other than picking up dresses, accessories and so on...) Now, almost quarter a century in this world, it seems like as the days go by, making a choice, sticking to a decision, is even more tougher...

Then they again say, it's better to do n then regret, than never do n regret...but there is still one thing I never would do...I won't let go off people who made a space for themselves in my life, even if for a while....and I am saying made a space because I know myself...I know I don't let people become a part of my life (nothing conscious, I guess that's who I am...I take too long to open, too long to trust...too long to even strike a conversation, not something I see changing in near future...) But still, those who once come in can walk out themselves...but I won't ever let them be in peace....every now n then, there would be me...holding on, touching back...

And even though I know that few people, few relations are better left free...there are things that should be wiped off from the mind, I doubt I would ever do that....you can't live in the past, so I do move ahead...but memories are something to be held close, the good ones as well as the bad...I am not perfect, I made mistakes...some of them really big...it can be a reason for someone to wipe me clear from their lives, but I 'll hold on...I am again human, I have trusted the wrong ones at times...and it did hurt me, but not enough to forget that phase...I can forgive, because I know I err...and it's totally selfish me, I believe in giving second chances (or third, fourth or whatever...), because I hope to get second chances when I mess the first time around, and then again, I am not a good learner, so I might err again..

I can definitely cross a bridge...move ahead...but I can never burn it...it took me long to reach where I am, but it never can be my choice to wipe out the way back...the bridges need to stay, for one day I might have to travel the old path....

They say life comes to a full circle, but just in case life meets a dead end, I want my way back to where it all started from...because I don't know how the ending would be, but it all started very well...and if it's not a happy end, I will cross those bridges again, try my best to reach the beginning, and start all over again...the happy way...

PS: Just realized while looking at the preview, this happens to be a post without any emoticon...OMG !!!(wanted to put the rolling eyes emoticon, but just for a change, let there be just words, someone says I am too good with them [rather sarcastically and not as a praise] )

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"