Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Travelling Times...

There are phases in life when one chooses silence...there are phases, when the silence chooses us...and then there are the travelling phases which ensures silence...

In last three weeks, I have been across 5 states...reached places I never knew existed in India...met people, I really doubt I will ever meet again...lived without connectivity (now I can write an entire epic over that)...all in all, it has been one of its kind of experience...and in between all this, found a new meaning to silence...there have been days, I went on talking just 20 odd sentences in a day...there have been nights when I have been on call for hours (I really give a damn to roaming now ;) ) Walked with strangers...realizing few people are born helpful, and few are going to create troubles, no matter what...

It has been a journey of a lifetime (specially when you are someone like me, who openly detests travelling)...there have been times, I have craved to go back home...there have been moments when I have lost my cool, because I couldn't find a way back home....and no wonder, there has been a lot of cribbing (when I can crib without reason, I have been given ample of reasons in last few days..) But for a change, let's count the positives of all the travelling I am doing in last few days...

A. I ended up reading a lot...at least in the first few days, stuck at a place where my life was confined to guest house and factory....and the road in between...I completed almost 3 novels in just a week :D

B. I re-affirmed my theory that I can actually live and adapt at any place I am thrown at...

C. Worked in completely unstructured, unknown, clueless environment with no one to reach out for help...phew, I still don't know how good or bad the result has been (would know sooner or later, so keeping the fingers crossed...and please please please pray for me...that I don't fail big time!!)

D. Had a brief experience of the Nomad's life (and have had enough of it too honestly)...being someone who loves to plan, I almost ended up spending time on the platform while people argue and disagree where I should be staying...that was one phase I never 'll forget...in fact I was confused too at the time...to shout out, to return back..or to spill give way to tears :|

E. Actually have started missing the work I was doing...I now miss the regular office hours...the kind of expected work...the known faces around...and the regular routine...

F. Realized that one should never complain about traffic...you tend to find yourself in a worse than before situation every time you complain...

G. Have seen a lot of mornings...mornings as in opened my eyes (and in few cases even dragged my sweet self) out of bed as early as 6:30 or so...and that my dear, is an achievement for a gal who in last 9 months (that since post training), hasn't got up from bed before 9...

H. Not that I never have gone in deep thoughts (or my bouts of philosophy as I call it), but still after long demanding days and all the travelling, I kind of haven't been able to dwell on sad thoughts or philosophy for long ;)

I. While writing this blog, realizing it's already mid of my travel (hopefully) and then again, its mid April...just 4 more months till I meet my favorite person...and yeah yeah, just 2 more till I celebrate (or rather witness) the silver jubilee of my existence (gives me a chance to coin the 25th step)

J. Got the surprises of more weddings coming up next year (which is kind of both happy and sad news...happy for people finding their life partners...but kind of lost trying to understand why is everyone in such a hurry to marry...this seems like a race I am destined to be last in :P )

K Proud of myself of being able to count 10 days in a trip that I just crib about :D

Anyways....that's about it at the moment...my writing needs a little oiling...and I need to get back to thinking mode...before I can actually write something...but before that, I have to sit and wonder, how to survive through the next week...once again in between stranger's faces and clueless work...

Till then, keep praying, that I return back home, safe and sound (I won't even bother hoping to return back sane...that's even more impossible than impossible itself!!)




(Just as clarification...neither are my travel bags pink, they are both black honestly, and a maroon handbag...nor am I least happy as the girl is...but yeah, I am definitely living out of suitcase...and finally unpacked for the first time Friday, after almost 3 weeks of travelling...else it was a daily routine of opening the bag and trying to pick out a dress to wear...and always ready to leave the place to travel somewhere else..)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...three weeks! That's quite something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew!!! Work has never given me so much opportunity to travel and I dunno whether I shud be thankful for that or not ;)

    Be Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smita...The way I am travelling...you should be happy of not having to go through it...I once was, if not completely happy, looking forward to this phase...now I can just count days to go back home...

    @Nikita...yeah, it is quite a lot :)

    ReplyDelete