Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quick Status Check...

And it's back to those days when time flies...oh, if it isn't very obvious; I am back home (and yes, haven't stepped out of home since last 80 hours, that's when I popped in as a surprise package for ma-pa...and well, surprises can be both happy n sad in any case ;) )

So yeah, it's almost 4 days since I am back...and I had taken two days leaves thinking to get few things in order at home before I get stuck with my day in and day out regular office routine...and well, time flew...I don't know what I did for the last four days (other than the but obvious, SLEEP)...for I definitely didn't turn up as a good daughter n made the day any special for mom (and such an angel she is, as per her, there is is nothing special as Mother's day...every day is her day...till the marketing people devised a day specially to increase their sales!! Then I had to be a fair daughter as well..pa was super sad reading the news that for an average 20 billion dollar spent for mother's day, only 11 billions are spent for father's day...I just had to show him that I love them both equally, so nothing special for either...not a good daughter I know...but I'll live in the khushfahmi of being a very good daughter!!)

That's how home-coming is for me...I step inside the home, and then it takes a lot of universal conspiracy to push me out of home...home is a parking slot from where my car refuses to take a reverse gear (talking of cars and gears, I need to get myself enrolled in some driving brush up classes...all in order to get a licence...and stop relying on dad for drop and pick up services from office....reminds me, I need to find a goodie good car as well for him; he might, but I don't trust myself with a new car :D )

So yup, looking from an eye of an outsider (or honestly, even mine) I kind of live a very closed, total homely life once at home..now that I have to go to office tomorrow, it again isn't something I am really looking forward to...but that would come in routine...other than that...well, let's see what makes me step out of the home before di turns up and I go on a real shopping spree (of late I have found something different, which I coined up as online-window-shopping)...but then di's yearly visit give us both ample of reasons to shop...and if nothing, this year, it seems like di n I are going to have a lot of time together alone (oh, I don't count the kids in our way...and jiju's can always be sidelined)...

Now that the prayers and counting days to come back home are over...I am gearing up to count the days till the lovely angel in disguise of devil (or the other way round) is ready to show up at home...and then again, I will find another count beginning...it's always good to have something to look forward to ;)

1 comment: