Monday, March 14, 2011

Smitten by Darkness

I have always had a thing for the dark...I mean, every so often (like at the moment) I can be found sitting in the dark...lights switched off...curtains drawn close...in fact, my preference for darkness is kind of evident in my sleeping patterns too...I religiously wake till early mornings and sleep as soon as suraj chachu is about to come...

Insane..right?? Nah...I've recently replaced "insane" with "mentally creative"....I can be you know, like the biggest power saver, after all, if left to me the lamps n CFLs would never be switched on unless absolutely necessary (you are just not supposed to count how much power a laptop, television n cellphone consumes...they are like staple needs...can't compromise on them..I'm at least semi-human :D )

So now I wonder, what is it with darkness (other than the facts that you don't need to cover up n make excuses for your room being completely messy, you aren't expected to study in dark, you even don't need to wonder if your face has a big dark blotch on it...cool isn't it?? :P )

You know actually I guess, life is simpler in dark...and a lil elegant n classy too...remember, all the products marketed for elites are normally in earth tones or black n whites...there is no big issue of identifying a million of colors in darkness (take for instance today's incidence...a friend asked me if she can borrow the wine color leggings I have...and I was wondering, when did I ever purchased anything like wine colored...till I finally realized that what she was referring to as wine, is something, I till date referred as purple...and yeah shame on me, I claim myself to be a gal!! ) So how perfect is the dark world... (if no one else, Sanjay Leela Bhansali 'll agree)

And no, I don't detest colors (red is my current flavor for a big big big wala change)...but then to again think of it, maybe I always have been a lil partial towards the earth tones (barring this inexplicable red-o-mania)...seems like darkness n earth tones are my home calling...a link from the past...because nah, I can't explain why I'm pulled in by them...

Yeah, this is yet another incoherent, written for the sake of it post...in fact, I was writing something else...till I realized that post was getting too dark to be published, and rather came up with something about dark...and as a closing note...its generally in the darkest hours, that we understand ourselves and the ones around us the most...Try out a night with lights switched off...n experience d indescribable...

To me, darkness is like eternity...never ending, never demanding...a kind of freedom... (and I'm getting too philosophical...time to shut up :D )




0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"