Sunday, October 30, 2011

Attraction, it is!!

Ever wondered what keeps you waking at 4 in morning...yup, it being a Saturday night, no office the next day, no work pressure (though I still have a pending deliverable which I am trying to ignore as best as one possibly can :P ) I can't believe it's over 24 hours since I haven't opened the office laptop :D :D :D , though truth be told I've accessed my official mails 3 times in these 24 hours....

Anyways, other than weekend and work (which to be honest hasn't yet) what can keep you waking till 4...lots of thoughts definitely (thoughts that generally tend to b lot speculative, sad, depressing, ruining and what not....yuck!!! night is such a precious thing, and these thoughts are certainly not welcomed to ruin it, but then most of the time they do :( )....In my case a perfectly sweet novel can keep me awake too...n yeah, till an hour back or so, I actually was reading one and completing it in one sitting...nothing new in that though...

But there is more to it...unlike my usual cry stories (yeah yeah I sob a lot, even I know that :| ) or loads of gyaan and philosophy (though I'm sure I'm quickly going to switch to at least one of these two...) I am quiet happy tonight...and when you are happy, you should probably live in those moments...why waste them sleeping :D After all waise bhi, these days I rarely find myself all happy n cheerful...and the best part of the story is, it's without any reason...what more can a gal ask for than to b in an unreasonably happy mode (even when she has lots to worry about, and I won't even start counting items on that list...I'm determined to be happy for the moment, am I not using the word moment too often :-? )



So, question for the day (or night or whatever 4 in twilight time is) is...what exactly attraction is...I won't play with the definition of it, for a change, but then, I do have questions about it...do attractions make any sense....do they need to make any sense...is being attracted to something, to someone a good or a bad thing...and the most important of all; how is it that we get attracted to only few, most of it, most of it to probably things which we really don't think we ever can like...

Maybe attraction is just another word for insanity...for finding yourself do things you have no reason or excuse for doing...the only bottom line is; somewhere like love, you can't help what or who you get attracted to...and like you can't stop it from happening, you just can't make it happen too...it just happens, to give you a lil sweet thing to wonder about...and spend a night figuring out, how did it happen...that too when you had given up the hope of it happening again....just like falling in love, you probably get attracted when you are convinced it never is going to happen to you again (and I am saying this, just in hope of that the former would happen, now that the latter has happened :D )

And last but not the least (the truly philosophical part is going to come, so brace yourself!!) why am I excited that I am attracted...not because I believe I have found my true calling...or bcoz I have found a promise of a future (if I know myself well, I get bored of things as quickly as I used to get attracted to them...yeah it was me who loved embroidery and kind of excelled in all kind of stitches only to leave it since ages now, it was me who was crazy about making soft toys....me again who once loved dancing n has two left feet as of now, me who talks to a person hours at length for a day or two, only to find she doesn't want to talk to that person again, as she has nothing to say or listen to :P )

But then, of late, it has been so long since I really found something I looked forward to...life had become kind of boring and drag...and so I was so afraid that I've become an oldie (you can still stand firm in your belief that I sound like a granny, but I know I definitely am not one :) )...but I was quite convinced that nothing interests me anymore...and now, with the new found attraction, I am happy...I am all normal, convinced that I am still living, still looking forward for good new things in life..still open to experience, and best of all, I still can have a new beginning...So here to hope, faith, love, peace and last but not the least a new found belief (yup, this sentence is added for the pic I selected, just couldn't resist it :) from wherever I found it, it had the caption laws of attraction ;) )

But for the new morning I really need to call it night...and one way or other...really put myself to sleep...finally, for a while (with a hope that I get up in an equally good mood ) :) :)

7 comments:

  1. No Doubt.. You write brilliantly! But as of now What I am more interested in is about your new found ATTRACTION.. :P
    We'll take it offline for sure.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, I am still shocked as to how you bring yourself to read my blabbering every time :D
    As for attraction, I just found something...had to...after all, you have left me alone here...so need to do something!! And you can keep guessing, yahan bhi, n office bhi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quiet happy tonight...and when you are happy, you should probably live in those moments...why waste them sleeping


    Perfectly said, waise batao na ki kya attraction hai


    Arpit Agrawal

    ReplyDelete
  5. pooja your article "attraction it is" is really awsome. keep it up. anyways what are u doing? also visit ma blog click link here: http://www.rahulraina09.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Rahul and leaving your words...as evident from a few posts here...I am working, ofcourse cribbing about my work...and attraction stll holds :)

    Will check your space out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. And hey arpit...sorry for being so late with the reply...ab bas attraction hai...n more than happy for it, after all attraction works as distraction too na...n I need even that in plenty :)

    PS: Was kind of surprised to see ur comment...never thought u even venture on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete