Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What would you choose?

A lil argument, a friendly banter...some accusations and lots of lectures...it all happened, and I landed up with an offline..an offline which had the the link to a video...and I was asked to make sure I watch it...whenever I find time..and I thought how long it takes to watch a video, clicked it as soon as I saw the link...it turned out to be a whooping an hour and quarter long video....

No ways can I watch that...watching that is like watching a movie..and well, when I can't read a self-help book, when I'm absolutely opposed to an idea of someone preaching me, how can I sit through a lecture...over an hour long lecture...but then I did see it...there are few people you pretend you won't listen to...but then even you know, when they no longer force you to do a thing, you would do it...so yeah I listened to this..."This" being the video...a video I had earlier heard about...the book associated with it being a best-seller I had read about...


And I am pretty glad that I did...just in case, you find as useless time as I do (which is the time I try my best to overlook/ignore/pretend there exists no office work :D ), try giving it a watch...as for the person who gave me this, you can be on cloud nine, that not only did I watch it, but am even giving it a publicity (though truly it doesn't need any more publicity...)

And being the cry baby I become at times, that I cry even while watching animated movies (and lets not get into that, I already have a complete blog dedicated to animations and my tears ;) ), I did end up with moist eyes and even tears at a couple of places (so much for that guy, read Randy, trying to b an idol and inspiration :P ) But then, this video raised a lot of questions...a lot of thoughts (none of them related to my childhood dreams..not till a couple of hours of watching it at least, after that, I did think of my dream of writing a novel...n if it is at all feasible or not :-| ) but in the end, I just ended up with a very debatable question (and me being me, has already debated about the two sides of it with a couple of close to me people :D )

The question being, "Isn't it better to know before hand that you have so n so few months left to live?" ... At least you have those months to be yourself....to cherish and do what you want to do...to be with the ones who truly matter...to really see yourself in true light and be honest about your feelings and choices...after all when you can count your life in months or days, you probably won't care about a future and do things you detest doing, for the sake of building a perfect future...isn't having a warning bell, that common you have done it all, now sit back and cherish whatever you have built till now for next few months before saying it all goodbye, a kind of gift...

I have heard both sides of it...people who agree that yes, knowing that you have a lil time left, is a precious gift of enjoying and living in those moments...and then there is the other side, knowing that you don't have a long time left, isn't every minute an agony of knowing that you have a minute less of being with the ones you love...you have a minute less of reaping the fruits of all the efforts you've put in across the year...isn't every moment a tiny death in itself...isn't a quick instant, unknown death better...but won't you regret missing the chance of telling the ones who meant the world to you, how special they were...or probably shouldn't we be more connected and honest with them and tell what we feel each n every day (and trust me, don't try doing that...you won't be taken seriously, in fact you would probably qualify yourself as a crack case :D )...

I don't know, probably this is the kind of question with, "who came first, hen or the chicken"...everyone might have a different feel and answer for this question with their own logical reasoning...and well, being a gemini, I probably don't have a straight-forward, one single answer for it...though at the moment, I am more inclined towards the "give me a few months notice" option...after all, truth be told, there is a lot I have to say (yeah a lot I still have unsaid even after talking endless day in n day out...n blogging too :P ), and then there are few people, I truly have taken for granted...I don't find words to even tell them what they mean and how I feel, I don't want things to suddenly end...not before I truly have the courage to tell them how important they always have been...and then of course there have been those very few (un)blessed ones, who are sick and tired of hearing how crazy I am about them, I really need to turn them insane with all my feelings before I finally let it go....

So I better get anything between 3 months to a year's warning...and till I don't get that, I guess I am going to be just me...totally moody, totally mysterious...talking a lot in thin air, and yeah, dreaming about, I don't know whether childhood or adolescent dream of, finally writing a book (and this is hoping that I would get enough time to write something in my warning period :D )

Time to finally shut myself up (for the time being), but in case you by chance (or are forced) to read this one...do give it a minute of your thoughts (because I know you can't b as vella or as busy ignoring work as me) and honestly pick your choice, if you had the option of knowing it or just not knowing it...which one would you have picked??

PS:- To the one who kind of forced me into seeing this, I know this isn't what you wanted me to think or in your words, learn from this video...but then as I've accepted n told you since a long as in really long time, we two are two totally different people...while you 'll b watching it for inspiration and to learn, to find ways to succeed in your career, I will somehow end up finding an emotional side in it...at least, the sides we would identify with would be inclined in opposite direction...but that's how it is, we have different priorities or outlook in life I guess...but that doesn't make respecting the other any difficult...or caring an harder...It's just that you happen to be one of the above mentioned (un)blessed one :P

1 comment:

  1. u come after a long tym but all i can say is the wait was worth it,. This debate is quite serious and u knw i wud prefer knowing when i will go from this world partly to take out grudges against all i hated and partly to do all those i never did without having any sense of responsibility just like a free bird

    ReplyDelete