Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year...A Perfect Excuse...



Another year rolls by...and last night, when I changed into my philosophical gears, I asked a simple (you know it can never be simple coming from me :P ) question from the poor soul who was accidentally talking to me that time...

"Why do we make such a big hue and cry for welcoming a new year...specially when about 364 days down the line, we would be more than happy to get rid of it...looking forward for the next year...and does it hold true only for years, or is this something generic...we wait, anticipate and look forward to something...and very quiet often a few days down the line, don't we wait to get rid of them?? "

It's a night for celebrations, I understand...those who love partying keep finding one or the other reason for that (on that note, those who kind of love going back home and spend days with nothing to do, too wait for excuses to do that, me being the perfect example..) And nothing wrong in it....after all, finding little happiness here and there is what life is all about (there I am, back in the philosophical shoes :D )

But then again, to me (would be sounding like the old granny I always do) a change in the year isn't all that important...what is important to me is an excuse to reach out to people I should reach out quiet often to..and it's a sad sorry story when you need excuses to talk to people, excuses to disturb their busy schedules...then again, life is that ironical...so yeah, even if 1/1/2012 doesn't hold a special place in my heart, I am going to use that as an opportunity to pop into some lives..anything that brings on a smile, or gives you opportunity to do, what you want to do, is to be cherished...

So frankly, I don't know if I would cherish 2012 (how I had such big dreams from 2011 and for sure spent more than half the year cribbing and complaining...a year back I didn't feel like going back to hostel...a year hence I don't want to be back to office...the places change, I remain the same ;)  Given up on me, for I can't change :P ), but I do know, I will cherish the first of Jan (and hope the second never comes, got to fly back...sighs I counted hours for coming to home...now I can count hours left at home...something less than 40..sighs...sighs...and a few more sighs :| ) and though I don't keep much of hope on 2012 (yeah I don't change, but I am still hopeful that I do learn) but behind my back I will have my fingers crossed, hoping that the year would be a little different...the year would be one I won't be happy to see roll by...

And if nothing else, this year better give me some good incidents to share after a year, so that I don't have to come up with yet another melodramatic, borderline cribbing, and definitely philosophical post next year around...As for resolution, none...I have learned I can't keep any, and I no longer wish to be a fool to make any...

Wishing everyone a prosperous new year...a year which turns all the hopes and dreams true (few though would break...the one I can think of immediately is of the believers of the Mayan Calendar...let's wait for December, next year ;) )

1 comment: