Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Question of "M"

This day comes in every person's life, almost every because there are exceptions to everything, but then, this day inevitable comes up...some of us confess it has, some of us never will...some of us would accept it, some would deny it forever...and since the new age gives us everything in abundance, the reasons and the chances, for this day to come sooner than later, increases....

It has been like over 2 years now, since the time I first came to know random xyz who is my classmate/ colleague/ batch mate/ anyone who is close to my age/ thoughts/ background is getting committed (on nah, committed is like ages old story, our generated started the trend of getting committed right in school, isn't it!!) engaged/ married....And then it has been at least like 18-19 months since every day (lets not exaggerate, though the daily frequency is like a frequent occurrence) week I get to witness a couple of albums full of roka/ engagement/ marriage/ 'any other ritual associated with being married and happily ever after' in the Facebook activities...

Phew! It's fun to watch...seriously, all the glittering pics...to compare a wedding over the other (oh, don't we even attend the wedding to do that, why be partial to pics), to check the beautiful dresses and decorations...to pass our judgement as to how good the bride-groom look together or what a total misfit they are...to wonder what happened to the guy/girl the bride/groom in pic were actually dating...or end up sighing wishfully for those who ensured their school romance blossoms into marriage (this one is specially for all the girls who so grew hearing the love tales and happily ever afters...)

And then comes the day....the day you try hard to fight...the day you hope would never come...the day you end up questioning yourself, "Isn't it time for you to get married?"...now that is one dreadful question...because you never have an answer....but a lot of questions attached to it...and yes, I won't try and play around the bush, that day has come for me...and that made me think too...and as I said, it's a dreadful question, I didn't have an answer...but lots of questions attached to it...

So taking the logical deduction way (oh, we MBAites are great with logical skills you see), every question needs to be broken into two parts, the for and the against...so like a real intelligent person, I turned the single question into two, why is it time for me to get married...and why it isn't time for me to get married...

Why (Is It Time) To Get Married:-
a. Because the day when the question of marriage has come up in my mind has come...
b. Because everyone around me is getting married (we are all sheep and rats after all...moving in herds and racing, no denying that)
c. Because I need someone new in front of whom I can crib day in and day out...and that person has no choice but to listen to it all and be sympathetic..
d. Because my parents finally do need a sigh of relief...
e. Because it is the 'right age'...eww!! what is a 'right age'???
f. Because it's time I've given up any possibility of finding a guy to romance myself, and marriage is the last attempt I have at anything romantic in my life (I can crib about this point in detail some other time :D )
g. Because I need a big break from office (now this one is a win win!!)
h. Because that would make my relatives and mom-dad's family friends stop asking my parents as to when am I getting married within 10 minutes of me visiting there homes with parents (and then my parents wonder why I don't like going out with them!!)
i. Because if it has to happen some day, why not today (specially since life is getting a little too monotonous now)
j. Because I can always hope for a foreign tour post marriage (oh common, if air tickets to Singapore costs as much as air tickets to Goa, Singapore it has to be!!)

After ten solid (which melted down to liquid) reasons of why it's time to get married, I have to move to the next part of why it isn't the time yet...

Why (Is It Time) Not To Get Married:-
a. Because I've the habit of getting useless thoughts...if I start paying heed to all the thoughts and questions, I would have already had 5 kids!!
b. Because I need to wait and try getting the hands on experience from few trusted source...how did they really adapt to being married...
c. Because I really don't think I am ready for that promotion and added responsibility...common, all I do is wake, eat, office, home, eat, work, sleep...and my schedule has no scope of adding any more items in it...
d. Because I know of no one I can actually pounce and marry...good guys are so tough to be trapped...
e. Because right now I can still relish in the fact that I can have a drastic change in my life by marrying...once married, what change can I dream of when life gets monotonous (keep in mind, having kids is not a change!!)
f. Because, it just is not the age...I am still a kid (which on thinking hard, I plan to remain forever...)
g. Because that's a risk, I really am not willing to take...
h. Because somethings are better the later...
i. Because it hasn't happened till now...after all, when something has to happen, it happens...and since marriage hasn't happened till now...probably it didn't have to happen...
j. Because I'm trying to come up with equal points as in previous question, because I really can't figure out my feelings myself...so how do I trust myself with a commitment that big...

And as a true consultant, reaching an answer is never mandatory for me...in fact, leaving the question open, is what comes naturally...so I really don't know if I should, or if I shouldn't...all I know is, it would happen when it has to...and till it doesn't happen, I can wait for it...once it happens, I can only hope never to feel like finding a way out of it ;)

PS: Somewhere while penning typing this one down...I started craving for my bed...I need to sleep so badly...so got to end this post in haste...maybe a couple of days/weeks/months later, I will pick up the post again and edit it...hoping for a conclusion even then is going to be tough....

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"