Sunday, May 29, 2011

To A New Beginning....


Hopefully I'm all set...and ready to retire to the bed (very very hopefully I'll fall asleep too...after all I woke up at 8 today and have tried everything to ensure I keep my eyes open throughout the day, just in order to ensure an early night!! ) 

Tomorrow would mark the beginning of a new phase in life....the corporate journey...finally, after escaping for almost a good 24 yrs, work n job have captured me....maybe for a while, maybe forever...frankly speaking, I don't even know what to expect...and I don't want to have any expectations either...whatever it brings would hopefully be nice, better than all the phases I've witnessed till now (though I seriously doubt it...and I'll put my thoughts at rest because if I go on wondering about it, I would be setting up expectations :P )

The beginning has been of extremes...witnessed a slept off Hyderabad at 10-11 in night (a sight you never can find in case of Delhi..), then saw the Hyderabad of yester-years...the simplicity of life...one off shops, lil grocery places...and finally after 15 hours of stepping in Hyderabad, witnessed a completely different city...a city of calls and tall towered apartments...of all glitter, and in all probability a city which would wake even post 12....stepped in an amazing guest house...and then saw the hopeless dining services they have (in fact had a dinner I never would forget in my life...waiting can b such test of patience with good doses of humor put in ;) )

By the way, I don't know about the other guest houses where the new recruits have been set up at...but I can seriously confess that the company has earned quiet a few brownie loyalty points from me for putting in a place with wi-fi connectivity...though again, I hope that this 24X7 connectivity doesn't make sure that I'm up in night till 2-3 a.m. (like I always have in hostel and home)...and then either sleeping till 10 in morning or yawning whole day (coming to which, how does the sweet recruiters of mine expect the fresh bees like us, totally spoiled after 2 yrs of college (considering even people with work-ex), who are so used to miss the morning 9-10 am lectures to report at the venue at 8:30 a.m. ...sheer inhumanity...and to add to the woes they expect me to hold back my yawns for a 10 hours induction session they have :-o Nahi Ho Payega!!!)

And well this post...this is yet another of my on the run post...where I frankly have nothing to say, but just updating my life...as if I one day years henceforth, I would return and have a journey back through the old days...this is me signing off...and hoping for a gud 6 hours sleep (baaki main 10 hours mein se for sure 2-4 sote hue nikal doongi :P ) Adios!!!

PS: How I wish, I really had someone to clink the glass with!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! So how was ur first day in office? I must tell you, the first few weeks will be full of sheer boredom and then it will change. You will get used to it :D

    Do not stay up late, be fresh as dew in the morning & impression jamao :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Smita...first day was a lil exhausting...first month well, I'm speechless...as said, I've been through all the highs n lows, n at the moment I really don't know which side I'm hanging to...

    I guess getting used to something isn't the way it should be...in fact I should be loving it..but that again seems to b a far fetched thing..early morning are definitely no the best start to my days...

    Impression jamana...tough thing to do..I guess I never am even a candidate for that :(

    ReplyDelete