Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Commitment

Its about six in the morning...and I'm waking :) And for those who know me, I won't need to tell but others (if the fortunately/unfortunately happen to tumble across the post) I never wake up at 6 in morning...the only time I can be found up at this (un)Godly hour is when I haven't slept at all...so that's what I precisely do when I have a early morning train/flight to catch...when there is something that's to be done in the early hours, which precisely are more of a beginning of night to me, in general...

But then again, I had no such reason today...and though I'm wondering why did I come back (when the assignment I had to submit could have been submitted by anyone else, the presentations I had to give were all cancelled...and I have almost the entire week off...like a total of 10 hrs of class in the whole week) There is nothing I actually am doing here...nothing that I feel like...in fact, I'm being my lethargic best...any motivational factor is, at least at present, amiss...

So basically, I am awake because the net stayed whole night through tonight (don't ask me what I did online whole night...because I don't know...I actually no longer am even into chatting :-| so...shrugs I don't know :D ) and another reason is there is a complete day off tomorrow (common when one has classes even over the weekends, one should (mis)use the nights before day off this way) and most importantly...I just wasn't in a mood to sleep...sounds insane I know..but that's exactly me :P

So I've killed a couple of hours reading articles which probably are never going to prove themselves useful for me in life...I spent another couple of hours watching random videos...then switched off lights...thoughts and things crowded my mind and to keep them away I switched on LOST...its like the second series I totally am gaga about House M.D. Somewhere I am attracted more towards fictional drama I guess rather than comedy series...no offense meant, I still have seen all episodes of Friends, am up to date with How I met your mother and The Big Bang theory...and a lot more other com series...but somewhere what truly have my complete attention warranted has been these two series...

And nopes, past 6 in morning, I am not going to promote these two series...but have you ever seen something and felt yourself going through that same thing...imagined yourself in place of the characters in screen...ever identified with a character...a line, just a random passing line of something you are watching suddenly strikes as if its just made for you...I won't say I remember all such instances (have a pretty pretty too bad memory) but House and LOST actually have made me feel it...and somewhere, I don't want to let go of reality...so I'll on any day choose these two over the rest...

Like for now, after the last episode of LOST watched by me; a line I'll recall is "Commitment is your strength...but your biggest problem is 'you just can't let go' "....surely, many of us would truly identify with this line...where as a couple of us would just claim and try to prove it holds true ( but if not others, at least when we are alone; we do actually know which of the two holds for us....it just gets a lil tough to accept it...) But then eventually, how does one ever realize when commitment turns into obsession...till when is it that you are fulfilling a promise, and when does it suddenly turns into pushing beyond limit...

This question, I guess would find a place in the never to be probably answered questions...then again, I (in my effort to be as optimistic as I can be) would look forward to knowing, "How does one realize when his/her commitment is turning into an obsession?" And if someone does know the answer, this time; its a sincere request to just reach across to me ( publicly or otherwise in private; that's as a comment, or through private msgs; considering most of you hopefully know ways to contact me) to give me a lil clarity over the food for though today...and caution before hand is, I generally don't accept the answers till I am convinced...so I might be raising some counter questions..Be prepared :D

And before I wind this post up...just a quote on commitment (I'm sure guys must have run away by now after reading the dreaded word so many times :P) and just because I didn't even had an idea that this post is going to be about commitment till it came in flow of thoughts, I couldn't make a quote myself (as I said, I'm not that intelligent), this is one I liked from my random readings; maybe a way to ensure commitment doesn't become something else....

"Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach" --Tom Robbins (whoever he is :P )

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"