Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back into times...

How many times have everyone of us felt like going back into time...changing things of our past..just correcting that one small mistake we made...or erasing a life altering incident...then no, I don't want to do any such thing by going back in times....I've just grown accustomed to whatever life has brought to me...and I guess I'm no longer the me who would survive in those times...adapted to changing circumstances...or heck, maybe I do want to change things in my past...but that ain't possible...so this time, its like wishing something new :D

I don't want to change anything...I just want to live my life the way it was in the past...where the biggest problem of my life was to make someone take me seriously (now I just hope n pray people don't take my humour n fun remarks seriously :( )

Those were the days when my biggest lie was a bad stomachache or faking fever to bunk school...when my biggest competitor was mom for pa's undivided attention....I just want to be back in the times when the solution to all my problems were readily available with pa ( trust me, till date he solves most of the issues around me :P ) times when all that did hurt was scraping knees (I still remember getting a glass cut on my feet and all the care and attention I enjoyed from bhaiya...he actually did carry me inside n attended to the wound :D I want to be hurt the same way again...I want to be tended the same way too :-| It has been years since I've been that close to him)....

When the biggest mistake I did was not finishing my homework....the best excuses made were blaming it on di (yes di, I do remember breaking the tape recorder's antenna and telling to mom that you might have broken it...simply bcoz u were far away in hostel and mom would forget the incident by the time u came, which she didn't :( meri chori pakdi gayi... :'( ) Times when all I wanted was a new pair of shoes (which I still do, but now I need bags, earrings, dresses, and the list goes on...too) ....

Times when an argument with a friend lasted for few minutes...all it took to make things merry again, was a chocolate...the days of 'kutti' and 'pucchi'...those were the days I really lived...the times I smiled from my heart...happiness is something I had then....

And before I conclude this brief post (miraculously brief because I've spent all my energy writing 3 papers which took all my creativity away...) I'm just reminded about a song I had heard back in those days...heard, learned, sung too....never realized its meaning then...now I do....



7 comments:

  1. We can't go back to past..
    And incidentally I don't even want to, but that's a different story altogether.. What I intend to tell u is that we can't go back to past, but before this day becomes a past, make the moooooost of it.. Am sure tomorrow u'll miss today :)

    Loved the anecdotes of childhood u mentioned :)
    smiled all the way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always always say that the phase of life which we are living is the one we want to leave but once we move ahead we always look back and feel that was the best phase of our life and wish we could get it back :)

    If we don't do that then we aren't human enough :)

    P.S. U r a DOMSONIAN??? Am asking coz I can see them in the blogs u follow. (Am a DOMS Passout :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @S...yeah I know one day I probably would miss today's life...sleepin whole day at hostel...last minute assignments...sittin in exam hall with 20 min to exam n rather than studying busy in posting a comment on the blog :D
    Its just that at times, you feel like visiting the past...

    @Smita..Its true, things and times behind us and ahead of us are more lucrative than the present time :)

    And yeah I'm a DoMSonian...mmm...r u a Roorkee passout too?? Because even Madras has DoMS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a Roorkee pass out. Batch of 2002 :) I think Nangia sir is still there na?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah..he is..I was replying to your earlier comment just 15 minute before his exam :D

    You are one of the earliest batches of DoMS...glad to find you over here...in fact glad that u stumbled across this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were the 3rd batch :) back then DOMS ki building didn't exist, we usde to operate from a borrowed building :) So how was the placement this year :)

    And how is Roorkee? Of all things that I miss the most is the city! Snack Point & Jain ji ka dhabba still exist? Shiv ki chaat kaisi hai??

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely come to DoMS and actually see it all yourself...how about Regalia this year...mmm..would love to talk to u...

    Placements have been fine...most of us are placed..and Roorkee is the same as it was back in your days I guess...few things and places don't change...snack point definitely exists and flourishes...jain ji ka dhabba haven't been there..n shiv ki chat nahi suni, all I heard since I came here is mateshwari ki chat :)

    ReplyDelete