Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life Updated with lots of Firsts...

I have been missing in action...and would have continued to miss...lest I had resolved to make a post every week..and that's too tough too keep...but at least the resolution shouldn't break as early as in January itself...so here I am...

Last few days...like about 8-9 days have just gone rolling by...not that I was busy with work (slow n steadily, I am kind of understanding rather realizing that it really doesn't make a difference how much you work...not till you really love what you do, which is actually a very tough thing to happen...at least it's more of a dream in the Indian scenario...and I now realize why I see so many people jumping from one company to another in a year...or even less at times...end of the work story, when I really haven't been working thanks to training or something or the other...)

I actually traveled a little...and then there has been a list of things I did for first time...or after a long long time...

a. witnessed a love story becoming a happily ever after (ab the marriage did happen..after that whatever happens is concluded as a happily every after in story books, so yeah, I am talking of that happily ever after..not the literal one :D but all jokes apart, it was really nice watching two people crazily in love with each (one I can definitely vouch for...for I have seen her crazy sweet acts) actually being tied to each other for life...with all their parent's approvals )...and yeah, I know of another long standing love stories actually meeting their happily ever afters in the last few days...but yeah, I wasn't physically present to witness them and say that I have seen it with my eyes and can vouch for them...

b.went to an amusement park after ages, and I really mean ages...like as in a decade...and there hit the realization that I really have grown up...wasn't all that scared in riding the scariest of rides there...or maybe now I am hard customer to please (I remember, as a kid I loved going to amusement park...and then I would tend to stay away from all d big merry-go-rounds or anything with lots of twists and turns...and there I was, a decade or more later, trying to find one ride which would scare me...sighs....)

c. saw a movie first day first show...that too when the day wasn't Friday but Thursday...and what's more, I actually witnessed a paper shower...right from the time the name of the movie appeared, to the breaking of handi by little 'Vijay', and then the entry of 'Kancha', to the young guy turning up and becoming "Vijay Hrithik Deenanath Chahuan"...I it was fun to see all frills rising in air...all the whistles and hooting...you hardly find such crowd...surprises of all, the movie (which was over 3 hours long) was a good one...it won't let u get bored ever...and yeah it does go overboard as times (remember the typical 90's action movies...single man army, the cry wailing mothers and sisters...and the leading lady with no role to lead with) but it still was a treat to watch...the best part..the movie actually ended with full screen credentials...rather than some pop/item song (would have been beedi chillam in this case) being show and credits rolling by in small tiny part...I so have missed the full screen plain jane titles...

d. shopping (yeah it's not shopped...it's present continuous) shopping like crazy...I so very intelligently call it retail therapy...but damn, shopping is like the best things you can treat yourself with (mind it, yourself, not your account balance)...the shopping spree (henceforth known as retail therapy) started with the very first sale in January, yeah the very first week...and is still going on...I don't even want to calculate how much I have spent...but then, sales come just twice a year...and if you get something for the price, you actually should hoard it...right?? In fact, I am in strong favor of companies paying us double in the month of January and July...it's so much needed...sighs...who says companies are employee friendly...I so desperately need to be in HR :P

e. filled my income tax saving proofs...and damn tough thing it is...as if investing the money for saving the tax isn't bad on you account balance as it is, collecting proofs for the investments and HRA is a big headache in itself...that whole process probably brought tears in my eyes (and don't you for moment thing they were tears of happiness!!), but common guys, we aren't the rich ones...what would the government do by taxing the innocent poor souls...tax should be collected from those who have enough to pay...in fact I know of few intelligent souls who really went on to limit of not investing at all...it's better to pay few thousands than to get into all the hassles and headaches...and I so do agree (hope mom never reads this...she would be doubly sure that her daughter is too lazy, n if left to her, she would throw all money in air ;) )

So, it really isn't my fault (though it can be the reader's good luck) that I have been silent since a while...and I have lots of things churning up to write...how to proceed with them is something I have no idea about...but yeah, there is this one novel I am about to end, and I kind of really liked it...when I was all ready and gearing up to give up on Indian authors, I found one who actually made me think that even Indian authors can bring at least a new angle to the age old love stories (yeah they still can't think much beyond love stories...and before anyone points out, I know of Chanakya's Chants and Immortals of Meluha but still, accept it, most of the Indian novels are all on love, one way or other...), so even if this novel had the love angle, I liked the way it was written...and would soon come out with words on it (at least gives me something to cover for next week ;) )

And then there of course have been my thoughts...not always depressing, in fact mostly thoughtful these days...so I will definitely come up with lots of questions (logical, or illogical as expected from me :D ) and with dher saara gyan to be spread around, no matter if one wishes to hear or not...till then, I will keep it simple and short (and yeah, this is short, very short as per my parameters...)

That's all the updates I have about the days they have been....

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"