Sunday, January 24, 2010

All talks n no show...

Well...a new conclusion..or maybe I just verified an old notion..."Being a manager is all about talking..work takes a back seat" and that's what all of us here, in a B school learn...
We have learned a new law of working :
Amount of work one does is inversely proportional to the amount of work thats piled up with the person.
Another law is one governing projects:
Time required to complete a project/presentation is one day, any additional time given is meant to argue, fight, delay n pass responsibilities to othear.
And yeah, the classic one is the definition of meeting:
A useless activity, called by the person who is the last to turn up (and u r lucky if he/she actually does turn up), which more often than not leads to a good lunch/snack/dinner (at your own expense :( )

Life here really is fun...One should actually sees how we all keep on cribbing about so many projects, so many deadlines, so much to study, blah blah blah...n how we just end up with blah blah n blah...but yup, this whole exercise makes us learn what we came here to learn..TALK.. After all words are all that matter...

In these coming 3 weeks, I've 4 presentations due, 2 events, 9 midterms papers and one organizing activity...I really can't imagine myself sitting n doing it all...but then I can't even visualize all of us completing all this work in this lil while...par mann mein hai vishwas..infact I know that all this would be done...presentations would be completed a night before, events would lead to nothing but dinner n DJ (oh I never was afraid of DJ's before like I'm today...), the midterm papers...well exam se 2 ghante pehle toh padh hi lenge..bachi organizing committee ki tension, common u need to mis-organize things to actually learn how they can be...so you see so much on platter...n how v 'll actually deal with it...

Leaving all tha MBA Gyan..coming back to me (Yeah yeah..I love talking about myself, you know that...don't you??) Last 5 days haven't been all that good...some pressing deadlines (yeah deadlines again, which somehow always get extended in sweet old IITs) n then was unwell...par not to worry, tension lene ka nahi dene ka...I was talking non stop even in a fever of 104...I still am talking...n 'll continue to make people tear off their hairs with my talks forever.. "Jab tak hai jaan, jaan-e-jahan main boloongi!!!!" And now that what determination is all about...

And yeah on parting notes, we had a case study in marketing today...conclusion of the study, a line all the groups used "Love your customer, not your product" so this becomes the line of the day...and the word of the day...mmm "Cash Cows" ...We love animals :P

PS: Sorrie for the non sensical blabbering (isn't blabbering always without sense??? But then I had no matter but felt like writing...so with all due apologies to poor, unfortunate readers...here I finally let you take a breather :D )

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"