Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Silence Breaks...

It feels different...nothin like back with a bang, but still a different feeling to pen down (okie key down) a blog...and I've been thinkin of doin since last XYZ days...but then after 2 months of having nothing to do, the last month has been...well hectic...nah beyond words...

It feels like a new life...n well every new life has two aspect...there are times when I want to run away...go back to my old life (which atleast didn't hav me dealin wid 9 subjects a sem, or 4 exams a day, or even 13 chapters for a 12.5 marks exam ) and then there are times I actually am happy here...interacting with new people, seeing new personality dimensions...Whatever it has been, I can safely say, this new life hasn't given me a moment of boredom...(except today..when after d exam I practically had nothin to do, no one to hang out with...)

An insight into the life of an MBA...well I don't think I'll b able to do justice with it...common, I'm just one month through some 20-22 month long course...but it has been a mix of all emotion and experiences..a rough starting, a busy start, boring sleepy lectures where u can't dare yawn, some cool new experience...lots of hanging out...finding myself in library in the third week itself (n to make things clear, I have been in library just twice in my engineering days, n dat too in 4th yr!!!)...I've met with the modest persons here, vainest too...some really serious man, some comedians as well...

But then, one thing I was told, had read, always listened was, relative marking of MBA makes friends turn foes...when u r in a management course, u hav too put in all ur efforts, but b alone...bcoz everyone is competition against u...no one with u...touchwood...haven't felt d same till now..can't say that the entire batch is my friend, or even half of it...maybe just a tiny miny 5% but still...there are couple of people, I haven't felt competition coming from...I have seen myself as a part of a group here more often than not...made new friends out here quicker than I made anywhere else...infact hav seen people discussing, tryin to clear up topics in groups of 7-8..to make sure no one lags behind...if this is competition, its more than welcome....atleast its a fair competition....

I don't know if it wud remain d same in coming months, I don't hav any idea if the exam results 'll slowly change d equation, or suddenly one day good grades n better placement wud rank higher up than good friends n best wishes...I can just hope not...

More abt life here...well after being in an engineering college with a cool 1:2 ratio of gals is to boys, coming here in a ratio of 1:5 makes u feel more important ;) or maybe an endangered species...I'm not d youngest out here (thankfully) but still in group of the younger lot here (afterall I can't beat people with yrs of experience behind them) and still I can see dat boys 'll b boys...some refuse to grow up..infact some are less mature than what I had seen in engineering day...some re-engineering process that is....

Lost my cool here?? The very first day...n then d night before my first presentation...other than that, well I've tried to rein in my temper (and thats a tough job, trust me....)

Felt emotionally weak?? well, there hav been days but then I'm much stronger than I was during my engg days (atleast strong till now, since couple of days I'm having big doubts on how longer wud I b strong, how soon I'm goin to fall again, wid due reasons [SECRET :D] )

Busy?? Yeah!!! for the first time in life I'm busy...so busy that right from my ex roomies, to my friends to mom...everyone is mad on me...but then at times I love being busy, atleast it doesn't leave u with time to think crap or get depressed...

Enjoying?? A nod on this too...have roamed around here more than I did in 3 yrs of engg (okie in 4th yr I was totally spoilt...party here n there was d norm...) but out here a simple walk...roamin in d only market here (and believe it I'm surviving without any, n any means any, shopping mall :( ) but still its fun...a break from routine...

Studying??? Unfortunately yes...there is no other way to survive here...gone r d days when I slept 14 hrs during exams (common during exams here I've to b in college for 9-10 hrs...how can i sleep even 5-6 hrs a day in this schedule... :( ) but all said n done, its gud to study too at times...hasn't been much boring (how can it b when u rarely study alone...n mostly in readin rooms...seeing others struggle n keep their eyes open :D )

Enriched experience?? Definitely... Have met so many different varieties of homo sapient here...n i don't mean there region, religion, cast or culture...just their nature...I don't think I ever gossiped so much in 4 yrs of engg dat I've done here in a month...some record it must b...but that what I guess MBA is about..talk talk n talk (n yeah I've been complimented, or I hope it was compliment , that I've started talkin a lot...n dat was by bhaiya, after ages was I on call with him for over quarter of an hour :P ) n so keeps teasing pa too... All said n done, yup its interesting to see how good n bad people can b...how simple n conning...some lessons...well don't trust a face, don't trust a word...n well as per some don't even trust intuitions...bcoz as said bfor, MBA is a battle u fight alone...

But then me being me...d truly yours can never leave my intuitions unheard , can never stop myself from trying to live through the bonds once made...n sadly still learning how to deal with expectation...so all in all, I remain more or less d same, with some changes ofcourse (n i don't know if i shd b changing more or not...which one of me is better...) All I wish for...to settle down somewhere; personally, professionally, emotionally, mentally n wid all other 'ally'; in these two years... Bcoz all said n done, i don't want to reach back to those two months, where I had nothin to do....gud or bad, at least for now...life isn't giving me time to even crib much... :)

With all due hopes of being back soon....this is me signing off with d feeling dat d person who asked me to updte d blog is goin to repent after seeing the size of it :P but then he knows...one I start keying, I can't stop :D ....Adios....

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"