Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The 'Un'Fortunate News Article...

Guess what?? I'm on a blogging spree :P :P God save the readers!!!

I can't help it actually...I mean my eyes r busy finding a topic...and somehow they find one too often n too easily at the moment...After my last post, which was a result of walking in the balcony, this one is thanks to reading the morning newspaper...and hey, before you point fingers at me that I'm deliberately looking for debatable topics, let me tell u something about me n my paper habits...back at college, the only time I find to read a newspaper is before going to bed...that's like 3-4 at night...given that we as it is are delivered early edition (which precisely contains a day old Delhi's headlines) and again reading it in wee hours of morning, which is my perfect night time, I actually make sure that any news I read out there is like 48 hrs old or so in least...

Now coming to the home scenario, where luckily I don't have to get ready n reach a class in dot 45 min, the first thing I do is to stretch out my arm for the newspaper...and so tough it is...to find the right paper part u wish to read from the hundreds of pages the newspapers in Delhi carry...common, if someone wants to earn a living out of selling 'raddi' they should either be residing in Delhi, or maybe even Mumbai wud do :D Haanji, toh every morning at home, I stretch my hand for the newspaper...to find the right pick for me...which almost always tends to be Delhi Times (exceptions r like Sunday, Life wins over Times :P )

Did nothing new today...see I'm just proving that I'm not going out of my way to find topics...and then, didn't even read the gossips news....(but I now do know about the latest issue between Khali n Dolly...in any case, what was Khali trying to do by opening fires??? ) Anyways, I just jumped to sweet simple cartoonn strips (and for those interested in my cartoonic tastes, I've grown up from Dennis the Menace, I still do read Garfield...recently stopped finding fun in Archies (atleast from the ones that r published in ToI) Between Friends is okie...ToI actually needs to bring in new strips...like the once upon a time Hum Tum...) Anyways, that's besides the point...

On the right of the cartoons, was the daily Finolex Fortune (I still don't know y on this earth Finolex...yeh equation samajh nahi aayi...) written by who?? Anupam V Kapil...I doubt I'll ever remember his name...has he done anything more than write 12X3 lines for 6 straight days in ToI which like appear in a 10X8 cm box...you infact got to strain your eyes to read them, that's one reason for which people like my parents would never ever read it...but then me being me...got to read the news very few people ever read (didn't I tell u in the last post that my heart cries out for the less fortunate ones...)

So there I was...I can't read everyone's prediction, common, my heart doesn't go out even that much, but yeah I did scan down to Gemini (I still am a Gemini I repeat, can never b a Taurus (even made a spelling mistake writing it :P how can I be that???)) And I was just about to complete my daily ritual of finishing reading it...when my eyes fell on the last sentence, the originator of this blog, 'Seek advice from elders'...whoopie...what was that...and whoever this guy Anupam is, was he is right frame of mind...

Let's get it straight...we all have been told since bacchahood, that our elders are the right person to guide us...they 'll solve all our issues when v were kids...they can give the correct advice because they have been through this, their experience is awesome...but then again, how many of us...in their 20some age...actually go n seek the advice of the 'elders'...okie okie, I know there r hands rising up...let me modify the question, rephrase it..."How many of us people, do actually tell our elders about our personal issues and seek their advice?? Remember, I am talking about personal issues, not professional or academic related and stuff...how many of us have actually told our parents if we ever had a break up, or a random person came up and proposed us, or if there was a personally embarrassing moment or any such random stuff??"

Then how on this earth are v to seek advice from them?? And how are they ought to advice us...I accept the experience part...but wasn't their world used to b a different one...common, when my parents were my age, I doubt anything around them was d way its around me...and no, I am not cribbing (though that's my fav thing to do :P ) but frankly, how can someone who lived in a different time period, can advice something...somewhere, I have more often relied on my friends for it...or in some cases my siblings (common, I cudn't even lean much on them, they too r like a decade older than me :P :D )

And no, I don't mean any disrespect to my elders...hell I know they never would give me a wrong advice (like they 'll simply say, its not right to swear without a cause :) or even with a cause ;) ) But then again, a guess a generation gap, so big, exists that we actually never reach out to our elders to really seek their advices in things which matter the most...and its not their fault, its not ours (but yes, starting the sentences with and, which is grammatically wrong, is definitely my fault!!!) I do love my elders, I do dote on them...they do the same, I know...and I'm not questioning their competence...but again, I do know, they haven't been the first person I reached out for advice...they probably never 'll b...but that's life...(now coming to the cribbing part...watch out :P)

How I wish I was a lil baby kid again....running out to ma to complain if a cousin broke my doll...sobbing in di's arm just because I knew my tables till 8 but my cousin knew it till 11 (when she actually made me realize that 11's table is a cake walk, and also understand the fact that my cousin didn't really know d table of 8 :D ), it was fun to complain pa about ma, to demand a new pair of shoes right their n right then...that was when my elders could help...that's when I sought their advice...for now, I am grown up (don't go on my intelligence for this claim, but just the number of candles my next cake should ideally have) I have to face things on my own, if I get into a mess myself, I need to find a way out of it too...and now is my times, to stop asking for advices, and just be there, giving back to those who spent their lives giving it all to me...

And yeah, you guys can leave your comments, and request me, never to touch the newspaper again, definitely not the fortune section....but then I'm an Indian, I need a bribe for it...promise me a good handy supply of novels round the year, and I'll think of staying away from the newsprint :D :P ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love childhood posts :)
    even i was so fascinated to know the trick of table of 9! And the cake walk that was 10 and 11. It actually became quite difficult to learn the table of 12 after that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...infact I still get cautious if someone asks me a table of 17 or so...I definitely fear d day my niece or nephew end up asking me one such table :P

    ReplyDelete