Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Animation and Me ;)

Pre-Script: This post, in a way, proves how good of an aunt I am for my niece n nephews. It also clearly showcases me as a lead supporter of piracy as far as animation movies are concerned, again it 'll also let the readers (poor souls :( ) know that I still have a kid alive in me (yeah I know shocking, if anyone has fainted reading this, I sincerely request the person sitting beside them to sprinkle some water, because well I know I've the perfect serious gal image :P and I work hard to keep it intact, but we all have our weak points) but the motive of post in none of those cited above....to know the mystery; please read on :D


I kind of have this habit of stocking all the animation movies with me whenever I find them (or rather whenever I feel I'm wasting my internet's bandwidth by not utilizing it and keeping the torrent inactive :D ) Initially this habit of stocking the cartoon movies was on the pretext of doing so for my adorable nieces...like a sweet, responsible, loving, caring and completely devoted Aunt, I made sure to have at least a dozen or so movie ready in hand before the angels (read devils in disguise ;)) ) came for a trip to India....and then came those times when I was out of stock to watch anything (these are the days before I got absorbed by a number of series) and hence, I started watching the animation movies myself....

I remember watching a couple of Tom n Jerry movies while I was a kid...and yeah, Bug's Bunny too...but more often than not, what I caught up with in name of animation was episodic like TaleSpin, Mickey Mouse, The lil mermaid, Ducktales n so on.... not really a full length movie kind of thing....and hence, in the name n duty of being a "Maasi" I ventured in the world of movies without real people for the first time...

Since then, there have been lots of animation movies I have watched (again being a responsible Aunt you see, I need to watch the movies and make sure they are suitable for my niece...can't let them b badly influence, I'm more than enough of a kind in the family ;) )

But the last two movies I have caught, have actually made me question....question if something is wrong with me, or are the animation movies getting more serious than the usual adult movies....I for one am not a big time movies buff...I do see movies once in a while, but it's tough for me to see a movie with complete dedication...and I generally don't tend to flow out in emotions while watching movies...In fact I remember how we had a school premier of Kal Ho Na Ho, and the gals with me started crying since before the intermission till the end of the movie, and I was rolling my eyes, as to what on earth is wrong with these gals!!! I really have no business in crying while watching a movie, in general....

The only time I remember myself crying in a movie was during the Hum Aapke Hain Kaun show...and I was barely 7 or so that time....couldn't help crying when one of my fav person on screen was dying...I absolutely adored Renuka Shahne back then, and so it got a lil too sad for me...but over the years I rarely have cried...one movie which I love till date n still makes me cry has been "My Sister's Keeper" and I know how badly I'm recommending the movie to everyone around me (though bad guys these people are...they just don't watch it!!! X( )

But I'm afraid of my state of my mind now....the last two animation movies I've seen have left me in tears :( "Tangled" and "Despicable Me"....recently saw them n somewhere towards the end of both the movies I found my eyes wet....and this is grossly unacceptable... (I'm sure my niece n nephew never 'll actually even shed a tear in the movie) and there I was, feeling all what not for the lifeless in reality characters...not loving this shift in my emotional stability even one bit :(

Anyways, as for the movies, both of them are awesome, n must watch...specially Tangled...it's a visual treat and I doubt if there is anyone who can resist loving our very sweet Maximus....Despicable Me is a delight in itself thanks to the three girls, but still a lil faded in front of Tangled...but then comparing the two movies is like comparing two entirely different entity...must watch movies for any age group (and if any of you cries watching either of them, please let me know...it would be a solace to know I'm not the lonely miserable hopeless soul to do the same :-? )....and as for me...I'll keep wondering if the movies really were that amazing, or I finally actually have lost my nuts n bolts to cry for a animation movie :)

Post-Script: I'm a lil more at peace...happy with the fact that I didn't cry watching "A Bug's Life" :D :D :D Party time!!!! But then, the movie lost it's pace around the first 20 to 40 min....only to pick it again after an hour, but it was a lil too late...nice one for kids, I doubt how much buddhi's like me would prefer it though (specially in the absence of any absolutely heart stealing character...the lil ant princess named Dot tries to do the same, but isn't all that effective given the lil screen time she has had :| ) ...Anyways, I'm hopeful my season of crying while watching cartoons is over, but I'm going to test it again soon, with "Gnomeo and Juliet"..."ll keep you guy's updated, even if you don't want to be :D

Post-Post Script: The blog, of nothing else, gave me a nice excuse to play with pictures and create collage :D :D :D ....Here goes the creation ;)) (do pass me the compliments for the pathetic job done :P ) [As it is, this blog is a pure testimony to how useless n workless I am these days....laziness at its epitome...YayyyY!!!!! ]


3 comments:

  1. After knowing the tears u get after watching those animations... let me recommend u .. The Ice Age, Madagascar, Bolt, Shrek, Finding Nemo, Kungfu Panda... These will maintain the smile write under your nose throughout.... Come get them from me.. all the parts...if u hv not seen them yet.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, animation was the topic to finally make you speak :D :D :D

    Thanks for dropping by...and don't worry, very soon I might drop by in your room...have seen Finding Nemo and Kungfu one...and have had lil glimpses of Ice Age and Madagascar ( B. Tech ke din the woh, tab itni velli nahi thi ki saari movies dekh loon....and the characters in these two didn't look tha cute :( ) But definitely going to take Shrek from you :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me.. U'll love Ice Age and Madagascar.. they are class apart...!

    And Yeah..not only for Animation... I have been following your writing secretly since long.. ;)
    needless to say... u write pretty good..!

    ReplyDelete