Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chasing the terrain of thoughts....

Seems like I had a long silence...so many things happened around me, giving me the perfect excuse as well as material to come up with a new post, but seems like the laziness genes always won over any determination to be active...now I guess it's too late to discuss any match that Team India has won, or the way they kept us hooked, on the edge, nail biting stuff we all went through in last 10-12 days...enough of analysis has been done...lots of things said n done (I've read right from the over-zealous happy statements about the win to people complaining that now that the cup is ours, it doesn't feel all that great :-/ ) In any case, for me, it was seeing The Man, who as per me deserved the cup (though his performance in the match that mattered was dismissal) was the whole reason of celebrating the win...and well, just realized how cute his kids now look...the daughter is just amazing... (yup from him I might soon become the fan of the 14 year old one ;) )

Just completed my last mid-semester few hours back and after 8 mid-sems in last 20 months, I'm still clueless as to how they can be called mid-semesters when unlike the conventional meaning of occurring in the middle (i.e. central area as per definitions and not just in between anywhere) happen twice during the semester...truly n frankly speaking, I probably will end up giving more exams in these two years course than I did during my four year B.Tech...though it's another fact that I never gave any exam out there with such less preparation n seriousness like I've done here...specially since the day I'm placed, I guess even the tiny-miny reason to study for good grades so as to facilitate placement has evaporated in thin air....

A couple of incidents happened in the last few days which actually made me wonder how unpredictable life is (and hence made me conclude that life actually is a Gemini, changing every now n then...) I guess I'm watching too much of serious stuff (can't help even if the light hearted sitcom like Sasural Genda Phool takes a turn-around to become a tear-jerker :( and then I know I'm hopeless when the animated children's movie Tangled ends up with tears rolling down my eyes :(( and I thought only movies like My Sister's Keeper could make one cry....mmm...last I found myself in tears so insensibly was I guess when the character of Pooja played by Renuka Shahne died in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun...well, don't worry I was big enough to realize it's a movie n that pooja is different from this Pooja :D )

A friend (yeah, if you ae that friend I know you 'll recognize yourself and be happy happy the way you are on reading this :P ) once when reading my blog said that he likes the way my blogs jump from one topic to another...it's evident that I haven't sat down and worked on a theme rather scribbled down my thoughts...and what amazes him that how my thoughts jumps from one topic to another...it's like being inside my mind and wonder how can I connect completed isolated things (and yeah, the great me, took it as a compliment rather than a criticism and am happily living in that khushfahmi :D ) 

So yeah, even I myself find it tough to stick to a topic (rather it's tougher to find a topic you know...baaki sab toh excuse hain :) ) but then again there are time I actually wonder, who would anyone be interested in the tangential posts I come up...(but since I'm a Gemini I have both the question and the answer ready too...so answer is simple, if one has to read something logical, correct n sensible, aren't there a million such articles available for it over the net...me being the insane me, should continue serving the lil bunch of insane people like me who are ready to do (read read ) anything with a tinge of humor and sarcasm in it...I've to make my own positioning and differentiate myself from the rest na... (and still very soon I guess I'll come up with something I regularly catch up on blogs...words about some book...it's just that I've turned into a pathetic reader these days....series take up all my time :( )

With the end of the mid-sems, I find myself in the last month of my management journey...probably the last mnth of my academic life (yeah, I once had thought seriously about doctorate, but with every passing day that thought is slowly waved goodbye....now I really doubt I'll ever actually end up doing it once I join the job...but yeah the right incentives and reasons can lure me...) But u never know...as my di strongly trusts me...just to escape the work-load and expectations of job I can anytime run back to and embrace books...

Books, they say, are much easier to tackle than clients and bosses (oh please, at the moment books seems evil enough to make sure that I don't even remotely touch them...in fact, with the advancement of technology I hate even the presentations and slides...they in fact are worse than books...at least books have complete text and we are not expected to author books...presentations on the other hand have bullet points, which you need to expand when the questions ask you to write exhaustive essays and brief notes...and worst of all, you even have to make presentations yourself....see I told you, technological advancement is bad...we were happier and had peaceful existence in the golden old days our grand-parents enjoyed :'( )

I can go on n on talking about nothings but then again another friend complains about the length of my post (and well, even the great me couldn't take it as a compliment...it definitely was a from the mouth of a critic, I'll try to put a full stop...and refrain myself from starting another random post instantaneously ) It's just that I'm a gal...and if not talking in general, I do love to write (read type) in general...till it's for my assignments n submissions (which are in my hand a plenty n I've mastered the art of ignoring them :D :D )

It always feels good to be back!!!  

0 comments:

"Leave your Thoughts"