Thursday, April 7, 2011

She...

Pre-Script: Yet again, a completely different kind of attempt by me...just wanted to try something new...try not to read too much between the line...it's a lil of me, a lil of fiction, a lil of what I see around me...and I'll try to make this one short (oh trust me, that's one of the toughest thing for me to do :( ) Just giving theme based writing one more try, and playing with words myself :S

She came in this world as her brother's dream, his favorite person, as she was reminded for a good number of years...As she passed her birthdays, she loved hearing her grandma tell how much her father doted on her, her silly demands being orders for him....Her mom was probably the only disciplinary in her life, the only one who had a heart to refuse her whims and yet, her mom just wanted the best from her because mothers generally do know what their child is capable of...Blessed, she definitely was, for she had a sister who made sure she never felt odd in place, even if it meant her sister had to act like a child, ages younger than what her sister really was...She grew up reading stories that ended with "and they lived happily ever after..."

Life was simple, or maybe she was smart enough as a kid to treasure n remember only the pleasant incidents, or heck, maybe memories so distant usually turn themselves into a rosy picture...she knew she the preferred one, and she indeed made sure to get things her way...calling her spoiled might be unjust, but lil gals become more lovely, when they r just a lil willful too....like any other gal, she loved her dolls, they all had a pretty name....and years later, the pictures of those very dolls would remind her of her very first mean act...she regretted it as soon as she did, but she was scared not to admit it...yes, she was already growing up, even when she continued to love playing house and doctors....

Year passed on, time never stops; no matter how much one wishes....against all attempts, she did have to grow up....she saw a lot of what she never wanted to see, she got glimpses of her dreams come true...and then there were the days, when she realized that dreams are just dreams...she knew she would survive, she had what it takes to go on...and she did battle things which people probably never face in their entire life...she was strong, she was weak...she was normal and yet it seemed as if nothing around her had any semblance of normalcy..she was predictable and she could surprise the hell out of you with her unexpected behavior....she was an enigma, even to herself...she accepted she was humane, she was prone to error....knowingly-unknowingly, she was bound to hurt people...it stopped affecting her too much, she no longer spent sleepless night repenting for her deeds....

Her readings now ended on sad notes, they were full of complicated relations...no longer was life a game of black n white, it was grey all over....she loved her family they were always with her, somethings actually are forever...but then somewhere, somehow deep inside, the bonds were no longer so pure...she laughed, she cried, she actually did live...but somewhere down the years, her life was robbed of her...a part of her might have given up, but a chunk of her believed it's not over...there is a lot yet to come, and it would be a shame if she misses out on it...so there she sits, with a thousand thoughts in mind, a heart that has survived the winds of time, looking at the present with thoughts of future...yes she is a fighter, living life always has been a war for us...she would rebel, she would buckle, she would rule, she would kneel...but she knows, she has it in her to leave her identity in the world....

Yes, she has the child of yesteryears safe in her very core....for that's the childhood she wants to gift to the one of hers...she isn't extra-ordinary, she is you, if you truly look in the mirror....

Post-Script: I won't re-read what I've written, that never has been something I liked doing...I just hope it didn't come out as completely insane n insensible....and it didn't have a lot of "She" :P ...yeah I could have kept going on...at least doubled what I wrote...I'm sure I've missed a lot of her...but then she is beyond words...just something I noticed as I finished the piece, I haven't used any emoticons in the parts of her...and a post with so less of smilies (they being restricted to pre and post-script) is just another new to me :) . Do leave the thoughts on this one, if you have any...even criticism is welcome...that might be the only way you have to ensure that I keep my hands off from such stuff :)

8 comments:

  1. Good one but as you said there is lot yet to come.. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost so you can't say whether this story is ending with "and they lived happily ever after" or not..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever 'she' is.. at least she spent gud time understanding herself.. well written.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm "Coming of Age of She" is what came to my mind!!! A l'lle bit confusing but very introspective :D I dunno what to say more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rajneesh...thanks...yup, a lot is to come, most importantly "He"...I myself don't know where this would go, just have an idea that a lot more would never come, if this one proves to b a disaster :D or so I think :P

    @Mayank...well I don't think she spent a good time understanding herself..I had to spend a lot of time in making up her :) Its me who did the hardwork ;))

    @Smita..you won't believe it...I actually Googled what you might have meant by "Coming of Age of She"...and very I'm still confused...yup this one is a lil serious and introspective...u never know, in order to try something different I might turn up with humor sometime soon...fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When 'she' knows what 'she' is and does accordingly, things can never be bad certainly, never mind worse! Very well-written and thoughtful.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. "She" sounds interesting! ;)
    Ok maybe wrong "She" to get into flirt mode with, but then what else do you expect from a guy who claims to be blunt ;)
    A pretty mature read! Like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blunt-edges...u won't b allowed to flirt with her in any case...u see there is a 'He' coming up for 'She'...thanks for the compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! By coming of age of 'she' I simply meant coming of age of the girl in ques :D nothing else.

    ReplyDelete