Saturday, April 30, 2011

Steps Away to Goodbye :)



A journey of one year, nine months and 3 days now....yeah, I still remember the day...27th July, 2009; when it all began...that was the day when I came to DoMS, IITR...unsure if I would even be a part of it with my fingers crossed...that was the day of on-spot counselling...The day, when I officially conformed my Hello to the place...and today, over fifteen thousand four hundred hours later (okie, before you complain, thank me...I just reduced it into hours, not minutes or second....bhai thoda melodramatic hona banta hai...I'm an Indian above all :D ), the last couple of hours actually made me realize that it's almost the time to say goodbye..


Officially around 10 days, unofficially anywhere around 15-20 days...and no longer would I be able to crib about the hostel food out here...or rue the fact that Roorkee hardly has any proper shop for girl's clothes...nor would I stare ominously at the weekly time-table to cry over the fact that the faculties are way over their regular 30 hours limit....and yeah, I definitely can no longer earn anyone's sympathy for having endless classes on weekend, when people in most of the B-Schools are busy having fun and going out...to think of, I found too many issues with this place in last almost two years....but very soon, these would be the issues I would miss...because somewhere down the line, the grass on the other side is always greener..


Right now (rather till a month or two back), the life outside the classrooms and hostels....outside this whole educational system was kind of alluring...today, I still want to go out (just being honest)....somewhere I have had too much of studies and exams ( okie, former I in reality don't do, but later I'm forced to do...even if for the same of formality :P ) but the thought of a world outside this cocoon, isn't that pleasant anymore....there would be responsibilities and duties waiting outside...that would be a life full of profession...and it's not as if academics would go away from that life....but somewhere I'm quiet sure, what would be left behind would be the fun times...the opportunity to sleep whole day without any regrets....the last minute copy-pasting of assignments, the doodling when class is going on, late night gossips and leg pulling times...somewhere, slowly all this would fade away from life...


I've been a typical, mature, unapproachable me I believe...there are very few people out here who really know me well...rare are those who are close to me (and these rare species, I do hope, does know they are rare, in fact at least recognize you are the ones I'm indicating ;) Isharon ko agar samjho, raaz ko raaz rehne do ;)) ) and yeah, for the rest, I do regret not knowing much about you guys n gals....but this is how I've turned out to be over the years....trust me, no one feels as guilty as me for not being downright approachable and easy going, fun-loving gal...there are no big excuses for it....but that's how I am...for the moment, since some time (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one day I'll change....but whether that one day would come in this lifetime or not, I am not sure ;)) ) 


None the less, I am sure all the 11 gals (excluding me of course...duh!! Common Sense!!) would definitely always be in my memories....in one way or the other...there definitely would come time when out of blue, I suddenly would remember an incidence involving all of you...bitter, sweet, sour, warm, cold....whatever they have been, they have been memories created, without realization, with no intentions...and they are here to stay forever...I haven't been the best person around....nor can I ever claim to be even remotely angelic...I just am not (and I doubt if I even have regrets about it...now be true, all white isn't that great, in fact, as the dresses for the farewell suggested, black is the flavor :D :D :D ) I have been far from my best...and it's now too late to change...but as we move out of this hostel, somewhere I'll always cherish the opportunity to have been able to spend time with you (okie, time to take a break, main Ekta Kapoor se inspired sound kar rahi hoon emotions k maamle mein :P ) Rest assured, it would any day be a pleasure to meet you naughty, lovely, angelic, devilish, cute, chirpy, plotting, scheming, giving, caring (and now search some dozen more adjectives from POD) outside the city called Roorkee...I'm sure, even though we would disperse in far off corners of the world, we still would be in touch...forever (if forever exists ;) )


As for the lesser befriended guy's side...I guess, all interactions have been limited to just a handful of guys...in fact somewhere I'm sure, there exists few in the male gender, I haven't even exchanged a single word with in those over 15,400 hours ( :"> ) As usual, it's again too late to amend that..but all in all I definitely can claim to know everyone's name n face :D :D  ( trust me an achievement, I definitely had no idea about all the guys in my B.Tech batch ;) okie okie, the batch was just 10 times larger, but still!!! and if any person back from KIIT is reading, please do not ask me to guess the names of guys in the different section of the same branch too :P ) And personally we might not know each other, but as batch-mates, we definitely have some memory or the other in common :)


Now, before it gets endless...and starts reminding any poor soul who actually is reading it, about some of our favorite faculties (not mine, but definitely every faculty has a fan following ;) ), I guess I should cut the whole scene short....but let me warn you, this ain't going to be the only post about MBA or our/my two years here, or a bunch full of complains or memories, but for the moment, this should do..


So here is for the goodbye we would be facing in next two weeks, which never would mean the end....because if nothing, memories sure are forever :)


PS: Please do not kill me for making a post out of anything...few things definitely are easier to be said impersonally....a face to face emotional talk (or Ekta Kapoor's melodrama for that matter) is again something, which doesn't come to me :(

2 comments:

  1. Congrats there :)

    And if there are 11 people who are gonna miss you, and you claim to be unapproachable, then that's quite a number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, I said that the 11 gals would be in my memories forever...I doubt how many memories would I feature in...it's just that I've some super human retention powers :D

    ReplyDelete